Acting for the energy transition
Project: ILAKAKA 1 – SELF-CONSUMPTION
Sector: Self-consumption / Location: Madagascar (Ilakaka)
The project concerns M-STORE, a family-owned company from the SEEM Group (the Madagascar Water and Electricity Company), whose main activity is the “electrification of rural areas in different municipalities”, including ILAKAKA, known as the one of the largest sapphire farms.
This will be the installation of a photovoltaic system in shadow or on the ground. It will allow the company to:
• Improve the cost of producing energy.
• Improve the Carbone impact of energy production.
• Benefit from a means of production adapted to one of the sunniest regions of Madagascar.
Reason: Energy independence
Objective: Production of cheaper energy
Area of the facility: 2100 m²
Power: 300 kWp
Economic data of the project
Kwh / Kwc production: 1600
Annual production: 480 000 KWh minimum
Project Manager: Madagascar CAPSUD Group
Provisional start of works: February / March 2018
Commissioned (Consuel deadline): May 2018
Surface & location of power plants
That is a total area of 2100 m² of photovoltaic material, representing:
– 221 tones of CO2 avoided per year
– The annual energy consumption of 533 inhabitants